CheapOstay

Destination:
Rooms: Adults:
Check-in: Click here for calendar Check-out: Click here for calendar
 
Search

Monday, August 30, 2010

Relevance of Golf in the Fall!

So here we are the last week in August!  This weekend I watched some great golf played by the World's best golfers and some ridiculous baseball played by 12 and 13 year old kids.  I, as many of you, am excited about a few things coming up this fall. College Football kicks off this weekend, and the next weekend is professional football, followed shortly by the push for the playoffs in baseball leading to the world series, one of my favorite sporting events all year.  Which begs the question.  Can Golf compete with that?  I know there are guys like me who are sports junkies and will watch whatever is on television but come on if you had the choice to watch the Eagles and Giants play or watch 3 hours of Golf?  I'm not saying that golf is not a great sport because I love to play and love to watch it.  I'm just saying that at this point in the year football is king.
    When it comes down to ratings, revenues, and profitability then American football still has the top spot.  So I pose the question to you, is professional golf grasping at straws and spending extra money to get the same group of "loyal" followers or are they relevant in the sports landscape this time of year?

No comments:

Post a Comment